Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Salmon Marinade






Heidi's post set a high standard!  I didn't have a nice appetizing photo to go along with my recipe, so I did the best I could.

Ingredients

1/2 cup soy sauce
4 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP rice vinegar

Mix together and boil for 2 minutes.  Let cool.  Put salmon and marinade in ziploc bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Line cookie sheet with foil.  Put salmon on cookie sheet.  Pour more marinade over salmon and sprinkle with brown sugar.  Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.

Suggestions

I use reduced-sodium soy sauce and don't notice a difference taste wise.  Is it much healthier?  I have no clue. 

I usually bake it an additional 5 minutes or so.  I don't like my fish slimy.  The extra baking time helps reduce the slimy-ness but the fish is still very moist inside.

So sorry for all you who don't like fish.  For those who do like fish, I think you'll like this one!  It is one of Trent and my favorites!!!  Our kids won't touch it, but I just throw a few fish sticks in the oven and they seem to be fine.  I usually serve it with a steamed veggie, like broccoli and either brown rice or some sort of rice pilaf.

So sorry, I don't have the nutritional information.  But salmon is a great source of lean protein and also has tons of omega-3 fatty acids.

1 comment: