Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Banana-Berry Smoothie

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 ripe medium banana, peeled and sliced
1 cup frozen blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
1/2 cup silken tofu
2 ice cubes, crushed (see Tip)
1 tablespoon sugar, (optional)
 
Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu and crushed ice in a blender; cover and blend until smooth and frothy. Sweeten with sugar, if desired. Serve immediately
 
Per serving: 135 calories; 2 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 376 mg potassium
 
This recipe comes from EatingWell.com.  I have made it twice and quite like it.  My kids love it, too.  The first time I made it, I used the silken tofu because I wanted to try it.  Tasted great and I will continue to make it this way.  The second time I made it, I didn't have the tofu on hand and substituted greek yogurt.  It was also delicious.  I added much more ice than the recipe calls for and substituted agave for the sugar.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment