Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hey! Hey!

I am liking this already! I have 2 recipes to share, but of course no pics. and no nutrition info. but I am sure they are healthy!

Honey Lime Shredded Chicken
3/4 c honey
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 c lime juice
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 med jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
4-6 cloves garlic
2-3 lbs chicken
Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Throw it all in the crock pot and stir it around. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or 6-8 hours if it is frozen. Shred and serve in burritos, salad, taco-salad-style. It is sooo yummy. My family devours it (minus Jude- but really that shouldn't be a shocker). It is sweet and not spicy so kids shouldn't be turned off by it.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/4 c brown sugar
1 1/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 c wheat flour
2 1/2 c oats
2 1/2 c choco chips of your choice

Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and then choco chips. Bake at 350 for 10 mins.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chocolate chip cookie recipe. Actually, I can't wait to try both recipes. You left out the butter from the ingredients. How much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't be nearly as healthy without the butter. I'm sure Lindsey's just looking out for your heart health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try the honey lime chicken this week! I'll post you the results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made the honey lime chicken last night. Loved it. Unfortnately my crock pot cooks really fast and I slightly overcooked the chicken. It was just slightly on the dry side, but I loved the honey lime juice. We put them in tortillas with rice, lettuce and tomatoes. Very good. I'll be eating the leftovers for lunch all week. Reminds me of Cafe Rio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great chicken, Lindsey! I made it last night, and Jake ate it without one complaint of throwing up! It's a back-to-school miracle.

    ReplyDelete