Sunday, September 2, 2012

Homemade Graham Crackers

This is my go-to when I have a cookie craving. They are so delicious hot out of the oven and if you want to make a special easy treat for your kids- this is it. They whip up in maybe 10 mins. The only problem is all of the butter, but I tried substituting it out and it just didn't work.

Homemade Graham Crackers

2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter
1/2 c honey

Combine the dry ingredients. Melt butter and then combine with honey. Then combine dry and wet together. Press into a greased jelly roll with your fingers. It probably looks like it won't cover the whole pan, but it will. Bake at 400 degrees for 5- 10 mins. I bake it for 5 because I like my cracker really soft and chewy.

I am trying a new pasta recipe this week and if it is good I will post. My neighbor has given me access to her tomato plants and so I am hoping to snake some fresh tomatoes for it.

3 comments:

  1. Love this recipe, Lindsey! Jacob always asks for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should mention that I always have to add an extra tablespoon of honey and butter to get it to be the right consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try these. They sound yummy. Did your pasta recipe turn out, Linds?

    ReplyDelete